Building & Construction Industry - Occupational Health and Safety Act South Africa.
medworx Occupational Health and Safety Clinical Examination Services.
Clinical examination services encompass requirements as proscribed in the Occupational Health & Safety Act of South Africa. Where required by the Act, this includes resting & effort ECG spirometry, Snellen’s Visual Acuity, Isihara colour-blindness test. Where specialized equipment is required (e.g. audiology, etc.), medworx will arrange for this to be conducted at such place most conveniently located to the client/employee.
Consulting and Support Services
medworx provides consulting and medical support services on a project by project basis on requirements to the client. This includes:
- General Occupational, Health & Safety Consulting services
- Medical Examination & Certification of the employees in terms of the Occupational Health & Safety Act of South Africa
MEDWORX MEDICAL EVIDENCE COLLECTION, DATA CAPTURE & STORAGE
All medical data is securely stored at medworx offices well as off-site disaster storage
TELEPHONIC SUPPORT AND CALL CENTRE MANAGEMENT
Furnishing confidential information (with written consent of the employee) to the employer relating to employee Occupational Health & Safety Certification:
- Occupational Health & Safety Information furnished directly by medworx-appointed medical practitioner to the employee or the employee’s nominated personal medical attendant provided if such action does not, in the opinion of medworx, breach confidentiality of medical information, alternatively where written consent has been furnished by the applicant.
- Where applicable, record requests and arrange for the forwarding of investigative reports required for Occupational Health & Safety Certification (pathology, radiology, spirometry, audiology, visual acuity, etc.) provided with signed consent, if applicable
REPORTING, FEEDBACK AND CLIENT FEEDBACK
- Completed occupational health and safety certification reports are distributed 3 (three) times per week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday (excluding public holidays):
- medworx workflow report will be sent to the client on a monthly basis.
- medworx representatives will be available to meet client representatives on a monthly basis at a time and place convenient to both parties in order to ensure the maintenance and service levels are maintained.
MEDICAL DATA STORAGE
All medical data is stored by medworx on site in either a physical case file and an electronic record;
- medworx will ensure that an off-site backup of all electronic data is maintained
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL SUPPORT & AD HOC REQUESTS
- medworx will ensure that its specialised professional skills will be made available to The Client per telephone or other electronic communication during office hours. Note that additional fees will be applicable;
- medworx will assist and commit to any responses required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.