Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
A unique service that provides for the rapid treatment of HIV exposure
Any accidental exposure to HIV as a result of blood and/or body-fluid spills is a medical emergency requiring treatment as soon as possible after exposure if HIV infection is to be prevented. Our 24/7 emergency call centre will manage the event on the member making contact.
- Blood and/or body-fluid spills – injury, workplace accidents, first-aid assistance, etc.;
- Rape or inadvertent socio-sexual indiscretion;
- Condom failure (burst condom);
- Blood transfusion (especially outside South Africa)
medworx’ 24/7 emergency Call Centre will manage the event immediately on contact by the member/employee.
The Independent medworx Medical Advise Call Centre is available for unlimited telephonic counselling for members/employees and dependents for any medical or HIV-related queries.
Additional Benefits offered:
- Emergency Post-exposure and follow-up Medical Consultations
- Follow-up medical consultations
- Counselling – medical, psychological and family
- Emergency PEP Starter Pack